Rural Development Programme for England
The Rural Development Programme for England provides money for projects to improve agriculture, the environment and rural life.
Funding goes to schemes to:
- improve rural life and businesses
- promote environmentally friendly ways of managing land
- sustain existing and create new areas of woodlands
Who can apply for funding
You won’t be able to apply for funding until 2015 as the Rural Development Programme is being revised.
You may be able to apply for funding if you’re:
- a farmer or grower
- a rural business owner
- living in a rural community
- managing land or woodland
Read about the new programme for the Rural Development Programme for 2014 to 2020.
Local Action Groups
Some funding also goes to Local Action Groups (LAGs). These are run by volunteers who represent the public, private and voluntary sectors in their communities. LAGs are responsible for setting strategies for their areas and funding local projects.
- find out what projects are going on in your area
- suggest a local project
- find out if you could get funding for a project or business