Road occupation licence (Scotland)


Contact the council for a road occupation licence if you want to put building materials, scaffolding, cranes, hoists, huts or anything else in the road in Scotland.

You must make sure the obstruction is:

  • properly fenced off
  • lit during darkness

How to apply

Contact the council to apply for a road occupation licence.

Fines and penalties

If you don’t obey the conditions of your licence, or you occupy part of the road without one, you can be fined £120.


Author: MixoBiz

Share This Post On