Request UK processing of an international patent application
If you’ve made an international patent application under the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) you can make a request for it to be processed in the UK national phase to obtain a UK patent.
You must make a request within 31 months of either the:
- priority date if your international application claims priority from an earlier application
- filing date of your international application if no priority is claimed
This service will be unavailable from midnight on Saturday 8 November 2014 to 7am on Sunday 9 November 2014.
Start nowon the Intellectual Property Office service
- details of your completed international PCT application, including supporting documents (in PDF format)
- a translation of the international application if it wasn’t filed or published in English
- a debit or credit card, or an Intellectual Property Office (IPO) deposit account
- an email address
You should request a search and a ‘substantive examination’ to have your application processed in the UK.
|Type of application||Cost|
|Begin the national phase (UK) of an international application for a patent||£30|
|Search – for applications already searched internationally||£100|
|Search – for any other application||£130|
You can’t apply online from 1am to 3am (UK time).