Newspapers: reporting to Companies House

You must send an ‘annual return for a newspaper’ to Companies House if you’re running a newspaper.

You must do this if you:

  • publish any kind of newspaper more often than every 26 days
  • publish weekly or more often and the newspaper is mainly advertisements
  • charge people who buy the newspaper
  • distribute the newspaper in England, Wales or Ireland
  • include editorial content in the newspaper

Fill in form NLR1 and send it to the address on the form by 31 July every year.

You must include the £10 filing fee – make cheques payable to ‘Companies House’.

Report changes of owner

Fill in form NLR2 and send it to Companies House if the owner or owners of the newspaper change.

England and Wales

Registrar of Companies
Companies House
Crown Way
CF14 3UZ

Northern Ireland

Registrar of Companies
Companies House
Second Floor
The Linenhall
32-38 Linenhall Street
Northern Ireland


Author: MixoBiz

Share This Post On