How To Make More Sales With Email
Your email list can be your biggest marketing asset. But thousands of business owners either don’t capture customer email or don’t know how to use email effectively to make more sales. It’s a shame. Because when you know how to make sales with email, it can be the easiest, most cost-effective and fastest way to build your business. Bar none.
In fact, I’ve seen businesses go out of business simply because they spent their whole advertising budget chasing new prospects and customers. But when asked about their customer list and how they used it to grow their business they had no answer.
On the other hand, I’ve seen businesses shrink their ad budget to almost zero while growing their business in leaps and bounds simply by looking after the relationships they already had with people who came in contact with their business every day.
When times got tough, and floor traffic slowed to a stand still, they didn’t need to beat the bushes for new customers. They already had the names and email addresses of their best customers on file.
A simple email strategy then brought those customers back into the store and the business thrived.
So how do YOU make more sales with email?
Three steps will get you started on the right track:
- Collect the email address (and preferably the first name) of every person who comes in contact with your business. There are a handful of easy software options available to make this happen. Many are easier than you might think.
- Segment the names and email addresses in relevant lists. For example, you could have one list of actual buyers. Another for prospects (people who have visited, inquired, or expressed a general interest in your product, service or idea). And a third list for business contacts you want to stay in touch with for future opportunities, networking, or collaboration etc.
- Communicate. This is the fun step. This is where you use your words to move people to take action on your ideas, offers, and suggestions.
Once you’ve got these three steps down you’ll move onto the more advanced stuff.
- Getting your emails passed the spam filters
- Figuring out how to get your emails opened
- Uncovering your subscribers “hot buttons” so you can write emails they’ll respond to
- Enticing your subscribers to take action, come into the store or go online and buy your products or services
- And so on.
But the fastest way to learn to do the advanced stuff is to do the basics.
Start by collecting the name and email address of everyone you come in contact with.
Segment them into appropriate lists ready to send email.
Communicate often to deepen your relationship and move them toward taking action.