How To Create An Attractive Classified Advertisement
If an online or offline business wants to be successful, it should concentrate on generating traffic and leads to the extent it can. For a lot of businesses, the best way to get traffic is through free local classified postings. This has proven to be extremely successful and profitable particularly for small businesses operating on a small budget.
General or Categorical
But, how do you find such classified listings? The best place to start your search is the internet; they are there in plenty. However, you must search those that are most suited to your business needs. After all, it is no use advertising “Organic Jam” in a “Car Sale Classifieds”.
As already stated, there are categorical classifieds. These are listings that cater to a particular niche. However, it is recommended that most businesses should advertise in the general classifieds section that has various categories to choose from. For example, you can choose to use Gumtree, Bondi Classifieds, Craigslist or Looks Classifieds.
Tips to Write and Place a Compelling Ad
Placing an ad on these classified websites is a free service. Most allow business owners to place as many ads as they wish to. However, some do have a limit as to how many free ads one can place.
All said and done, we now come to the main part. How do you write? What should you include and what should you exclude? A well-written ad has the potential not only to drive your business to success but also to increase your earning potential overnight. But, there is a condition. It should be compelling, brief and concise.
So, how you do it?
You will need a few basic tools:
- Microsoft Office, Power Point: This Office application gives amateurs a hand with designing and animation effects. You can use them to create a logo. Browse the internet for free-to-use images that you can customize with ease. When you create a logo, make sure that you do not infringe or copy a logo or design that belongs to another company.
- Catch Phrase for your Ad: The next thing you need is to create a catch phrase for your ad; something that will stand out from you competitors and something that will describe your product or service in one glance. It is the most important feature of your ad and can make or break your business.
- Seek Help: If you’re clueless, you can get help and some ideas by browsing other ads on classified sites.
- A Detailed Insight into Your Business: The next thing you need to do is fill in the description area for your business. Here, you state what exactly you do, your experience, method of operation, customer service and guarantee. It should be orderly, clear and brief. Try not to exceed 8-15 lines. Also, mention the trading hours during which you will be available to your customers. However, the one detail you should not disclose is your price.
- Add Contact Details: Contact details are a vital link between you and your client and a broken link somewhere could cost you a potential client. It is in your own interest to provide:
- Your business name
- Your name
- Your phone number
- Email Address
You can also provide your Skype Id so that readers can contact you in a manner that is most convenient to them.