Get copies of patent, trade mark or design registration documents

1. Overview

You can get copies of documents if you need to prove who owns or has applied for a UK patent, trade mark or design registration.

There are 2 types of copy – certified and uncertified.

Certified copy

This is an official document, also called a Certificate of the Registrar.

You need a certified copy to:

  • register a piece of intellectual property (IP) outside the UK
  • prove legal ownership of intellectual property, eg in a court case

Uncertified copy

An uncertified copy is a photocopy or digital copy of the registration document that you can use for research or personal use.


Author: MixoBiz

Share This Post On