File documents for a pending UK patent
Use this online service to complete a form or send additional documents for a patent you’ve already applied for (a patent pending).
You need your UK patent application number.
The service will be unavailable from 1am to 3am (UK time) daily.
This service will be unavailable from midnight on Saturday 8 November 2014 to 7am on Sunday 9 November 2014.
Start nowon the Intellectual Property Office service
You can do any of the following online:
- pay for your patent application (if you didn’t pay when you applied)
- provide a statement of inventorship and of right to grant of a patent
- request a search, supplementary search or further search
- request a substantive examination
- request an extension to a prescribed time limit and upload any supporting document or evidence
You can pay any fees using:
- a credit or debit card
- your deposit account with the Intellectual Property Office
You’ll need an email address to use this service.
Documents you can upload
You must include a covering letter (as a PDF) with any documents you send.
To support your patent application you can upload:
- claims (if not filed with your application)
- an abstract (if not filed with your application)
- replacement pages of the specification
- amended pages of the specification (pre-grant only)
- translations of priority documents
- search reports from other patent offices
- sequence listings
All documents must be PDFs, except sequence listings which must be saved as .txt files.