Design Leadership Programme
Find out moreon the Design Council website
The Design Leadership Programme is open to UK-based businesses, the public sector and universities.
The Design Leadership Programme is a subsidised programme offering up to 10 days of design and innovation-focused mentoring over a period of 6 to 18 months.
The programme helps you put design at the centre of your business strategy and will give you new skills and capabilities, boost competitiveness and speed up growth.
The programme will be tailored to fit your needs, and will help you to:
- identify medium to long-term strategic business challenges
- work out how to overcome these challenges
- make sure projects and programmes move forward
- make changes to your business
- find specialist help and advice
The programme and costs are different for each business.
Most programmes cost between £2,000 and £10,000, and if your application is successful you’ll receive a subsidy which means you’ll only have to pay 50% of the cost.
Universities and science park based start-ups
You can also work with the Design Associates, if you manage university research projects in a Technology Transfer Office.
They will help you:
- better shape your research ideas
- identify and understand your users
- understand where you can make the most impact with your projects
You will also get a structured programme of support to improve your skills, share knowledge and gain support from your peers.